Start your Earth Day celebrations early by attending Isthmus’ Green Day this Saturday, April 16, from 9 am – 5 pm at the Monona Terrace.
Isthmus Green Day features more than 100 exhibitors, all ready and willing to help you…
* Safeguard your part of the planet
* Wow your taste buds
* Stimulate your mind
* Improve your health
* And so much more . . .
Fun and informational presentations:
* An amazing line-up of speakers talk about shortening the distance from farm to table.
* The Fabulous Beekman Boys from Discovery’s Planet Green reality show share adventures from their urban-to-rural life with goats, chickens, pigs, and one diva of a llama.
* A townhall discussion on healthy food in schools features farmers, students, parents and school representatives.
Isthmus Green Day Schedule
Main Stage: From Farm to Table
10:30 am: Bartlett Durand and Robert Pierce
11:30 am: The Fabulous Beekman Boys
1:30 pm: Healthy Food for Healthy Kids Forum
3:30 pm: Madison’s Originals Samples Tasting
Lakeside Commons: Breakout Sessions
10:00 am: The Chakra House
11:00 am: Focus on Energy
1:00 pm: Calvert Investments
2:00 pm: Midwest Renewable Energy
3:00 pm: Greener, Faster Challenge
Bring along your little ones, too!
Isthmus Green Day’s Family Play Zone has hands-on activities, arts and crafts, sponsored by Aldo Leopold Nature Center, MSCR, and Friends of the Henry Vilas Zoo.
Tickets are $5 at the door or in advance at the Isthmus office, 101 King Street in Madison. Free admission for children under 12, and if you walk, take the bus or ride your bike. Bring donations for Goodwill and get in free, too!
Party for the Planet at the Vilas Zoo this Sunday, April 17 from 10 am – 4 pm.
– Free Pine Trees compliments of Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources and Polar Bears International. Plant a tree. Help capture carbon from our air, improve our environment, reduce the effects of global warming, take home and plant a pine tree.
– Learn about Solar Energy, tour MG&E’s Solar Energy Exhibit.
– Enjoy free diet Pepsi provided by Pepsi of Madison, Rockford, Iron Mountain & Huron.
– Learn about energy conservation initiatives your zoo uses.
– Join Animal Ambassadors and Conservation Education Volunteers for close encounters with Education Animals.
Even the littlest ones can take part in Earth Day celebrations this year by participating in The Great Cloth Diaper Change. Locally, both Happy Bambino and Nicki’s Diapers are taking part on Saturday, April 23 at 11 am to set the world record for the most cloth diapers changed simultaneously (there are at least 400 locations in 24 countries that are participating in the Great Cloth Diaper Change. That’s at least 10,000 babies having their diapers changed simultaneously!). You must register to participate at either store (follow the links above for more information).
The Great Cloth Diaper Change is only part of Happy Bambino’s 4th Annual Earth Day Extravaganza.
Schedule of Events
– 10:00 am Green Story Time with Laura
– 11:00 am Great Cloth Diaper Change*
– 12:00 pm Recycled Art Creation Station
– 12:00pm-2:00pm Cloth Diaper 101*
20% off all Eco Boutique Items
Great Give-away from some of our favorite companies, including:
– Green Toys
– Maya Wrap
– Itzy Ritzy
– Life Factory
– Baby Bjorn
Only Great Cloth Diaper Change participants are eligible to win!
Know of any other Earth Day events happening in the area? We’d love to hear about them!