We hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! All of us at Raising Madison did, which is why we’re a bit behind on posting. The upcoming rainy weather may give us a chance to catch up, however. But until then, we wanted to make sure you knew about a big event happening June 5-7.
The Got Milk? Milk Mustache Mobile Tour is stopping in Madison this weekend with three free family-friendly events!
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Location: Cows on the Concourse (Capitol Square)
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Location: Northside Farmer’s Market
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Monday, June 7, 2010
Location: Henry Vilas Zoo
Time: 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
At each event attendees will have a chance to:
– Pose for a celebrity-inspired souvenir Milk Mustache photo
– Sample ice-cold lowfat and fat free milk from local Madison dairies
– “Aim” towards good health with an educational football toss to win fun prizes
– Receive an exclusive, behind-the-scenes peek at the latest news from the campaign, including welcome messages from Milk Mustache celebrities
– Explore an interactive display that puts milk head-to-head with other dinnertime beverage choices
– Interact with a local registered dietitian about the benefits of milk and how it can build strong families
Local Madison residents can also help families in need by passing a virtual gallon of milk to friends on Facebook. Event attendees can pass a gallon on-site at special computer stations, but all Madison residents can help by visiting Facebook.com/MilkMustache. For every virtual gallon passed, $1 will go to Feeding America, up to $100,000. Feeding America is the country’s largest network of food banks that serves more than 37 million people facing hunger in this country.
Traveling to 75 cities nationwide, the “Milk the Moment” Tour features a variety of fun and educational activities for the entire family. The tour also offers families a chance to share how they “milk the moment” at dinnertime for a chance to win an unforgettable family dinner experience with Milk Mustache celebrity and chef Tyler Florence.
“Taking the time to bring the family together and setting the dinner table with lowfat milk can help moms build a strong family,” said Vivien Godfrey, CEO of the Milk Processor Education Program. “With the ‘Milk the Moment’ Tour, we’re traveling coast-to-coast to bring tips and ideas for making the most of that important time together and reinforcing why milk – with its unique combination of key vitamins and minerals – is the perfect accompaniment to any meal.”
Is your family going to one of the Got Milk? events? We’d love to hear what you thought and see your Milk Mustache photos!